Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Approved Pinterest Recipes

For me, the great thing about about Pinterest is that it actually motivates me to make the things I find and not just look at them. I have made tons of recipes and a few crafts, plus it exposes you to so many blogs and websites that you may not have found otherwise.

We've been on a seafood kick lately, surely because of our new surroundings. Here are three seafood recipes I have tried and looooved this month from Pinterest:


This one was hands-down my favorite recipe. I probably should have saved it for last, but that's how good it was. 

I omitted all of the lemony stuff except for the lemon juice used in the actual recipe (and I did not use fresh) and that was fine because I didn't taste it. I also can't handle very spicy food so I knocked down the crushed red pepper to 1/4 tsp. and it was still pretty spicy for me. I'll only use a dash of it next time.

Also, I do not have a pan that can go from the stove to the oven so I transferred it to a casserole dish after doing the stove top thing as someone asked about in the comments and it turned out just fine.



After taking the first bite, Joe asked that this meal be added into our regular meal rotation and I didn't even have to ask how he liked it first! I too enjoyed them, and I tried to enjoy it with the onion and lettuce as shown but the onion was rotten >:o so only lettuce it was.

The only reserve I have about making this recipe is using the food processor to grind the salmon. It was disgusting and I had to clean it THREE times; By hand, dishwasher, and again by hand. Someone should come up with one-time use (compostable! recyclable!) food processors just for this recipe.



Ungggg.

This was. so. good.

Though I just realized I forgot to put the green onions on top. That's why they are in my fridge...

The marinade is absolutely wonderful with the salmon. I used water instead of pineapple juice (both are listed as options). I am not a fan of sriracha sauce so I split the sauce; I made Joe's with a little more sriracha and mine with a lot more condensed milk. The remainder of which is also still sitting in my fridge.

*All pictures used are from the linked recipe site.

No comments:

Post a Comment