Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kitchen Tips

I want to share two tips I discovered this week for in the kitchen.

1. Use an egg slicer to slice mushrooms. A few weeks ago at the grocery store I noticed a little device advertised as a mushroom slicer. I'm always afraid I'm going to cut a finger off so I took a closer look. It was nothing more than an egg slicer and it was priced around $8. This week I used the egg slicer I already had to slice my mushrooms and it worked like a charm!

2. Use an apple corer to pulverize Oreos. I hardly love anything more than crushed Oreos on my ice cream, and my slap chop does a wonderful job of chopping but it a pain to clean. Not really, but it's more effort than I want to go through sometimes. Tonight I was trying to come up with something that would crush them but wouldn't make a complete mess, so I took the apple corer to them in the bowl I was going to use for ice cream. Less dishes, no mess!


Two Springy pictures, even though it was snowing sideways in Seattle tonight:



And a few links to enjoy...

These cute nesting dolls. Who has ever seen gnome and owls?!

Flavored Lemonade from Elsie and Emma. Summer, where are you?

Apple Cinnamon Quinoa. Just what I needed to use up the apple cider in my fridge.

A beautiful quote about love over on Sometimes Sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment